Weight: 155 lbs
Date of Birth: Jan 21st
Place of Residence: Fuyuki City
Full Name: Emiya Shirou (surname first)
Function: non-traditional magus
Series: Fate/Stay Night-1
"I don't mind losing against someone else, but I can't lose against myself!"
Profile: Emiya, Shirou was an entirely normal boy until thirteen years ago. At that time the area of the city he lived in burned. All but himself that were in the direct area of the fire died, leaving him alone to be saved by a dieing magus named Kiritsugu Emiya. Kiritsugu adopted Shirou and the boy began wishing to be like him. Wanting to be a superhero like he saw Kiritsugu of being, he wished to keep things like that fire from ever happening again. Three years ago Shirou was tugged into the Holy Grail war with his suddenly appeared Servant, Saber, and his school mate Tohsaka, Rin. Shirou's sense of self worth was destroyed by the horror he'd seen in the fire, as such, he values everyone's lives above his own and tends to act a little recklessly in order to assist others. In fact, a little is an understatement. In a much tamer occasion of this, he's almost always helping others in all sorts of ways without asking any sort of payment in turn. Both of these then to lead to him using his abilities as a magus, in which, he can see the form of something and reinforce, transform, or completely recreate it.
- Magical Cell Phone - Shirou got this for Christmas due to the combined efforts of Black Mage and Tohsaka Rin. This item is only made to look like an old cell phone, it does not actually function as one. Instead it uses a specific set of clothing and some magical rubies that have outfits saved within them. The rubies to into the phone and the cell phone will morph the clothing into which ever available outfit he has chosen. This way he can transform into his battle outfit (seen to the right) or his Kaleido Garnet outfit, amongst other useful clothing, rather than having to ruin his normal clothing in unexpected fights…when most his battles tend to be unexpected ones.
- Magus' Scythe - Shirou has a non traced scythe that was once used by Magus and given to him as a gift. It has no known special properties.
- Holy Empire Sword - A non traced sword of the holy empire, also with no known special properties. This was given to Shirou by Iris Sepperin.
- Obscure Prophecy - A rather metal-y sword given to Shirou by Eddie Riggs. This also has no known special properties, but it looks awesome anyway.
Skills and Abilities
- WARRIOR - Through personal experience and Saber's training, Shirou developed a warrior's instincts. He can feel out a battle and discover a path to victory if there's the slightest chance to pull it off. While he's become a good swordsman due to training, Shirou usually fights by using Reinforcement to bolster his body's physical ability. He also tends to project a legendary weapon, then read the weapon's experience to gain skills and 'combat data' from it. As a backup style, Shirou can employ skillful mastery of the bow. On top of normal archery methods, he can use Altered legendary swords as explosive arrows by using a technique called 'Broken Phantasm.' (Typically an epic attack.)
- DOMESTIC - Though Shirou is the kind of guy that has stubbornly set ideals of what a woman should and shouldn't do, he's actually good to have around the house. It took a while to get it through his head that women can fight and that they won't stop just because he was raised with the belief that they shouldn't. However, Shirou, due to years of having to take care of himself, is great at keeping a house clean. More noticeably he makes a great cook and often ends up somehow being assigned to cooking duty for his friends. However, he's also proficient with fixing broken things like VCRs, heaters, and stoves.
Abilites as a Magus
- MAGUS - Shirou is something referred to as a magus. However, he's a rather unskilled one. Instead of slinging the usual, predictable spells, Shirou relies on three abilities called 'Reinforcement,' 'Alteration,' and 'Projection.' These are usually accepted to be mundane and completely useless among other magus. All three use magical energy to create or change physical objects.
- REINFORCEMENT AND ALTERATION - Reinforcement makes some changes to existing objects by using magical energy to amplify their traits. For instance Swords can become sharper, while a telescope sees clearer and farther, and most things become more durable. Alteration builds upon this by allowing Shirou to modify the shape and properties of an existing object. This works as long as the end result is related to the beginning object. For instance, he could take a lump of iron and make it a sword, or turn a stick into a mop.
- TRACING/PROJECTION - Projection uses magical energy to design and create an object at will. Shirou calls this tracing rather than projection. Thanks to his strange talent for it and the abilities of his Reality Marble, Shirou has great skill at this. He has mastered a step-by-step process that allows him to imagine surprisingly faithful blueprints of what he has seen. This is particularly effective with swords. He can then create almost perfect copies of the item in question. However, these will eventually fade away as reality realizes the objects should not exist. He has mastered this to such a level that he is capable of cloning legendary equipment from Earth's history. This is done so well that the copies have the item's special abilities and battle experience. Once Shirou completes a blueprint it is recorded in his Reality Marble 'Unlimited Blade Works' for instant recall. While he has access to several legendary weapons, some are worth specific mention. Among them is Kanshou and Bakuya (finely crafted twin swords), King Arthur's swords Caliburn and Excalibur, and Excalibur's sheath Avalon. The items he makes reproductions of can only be made of Earth-derived materials/alloys since that's all that is available to him from his Reality Marble. As such, special equipment belonging to elites might be beyond him. It is of importance to also note that, while close to perfect, Shirou's copies are a little lacking in the quality of the original. Finally, it takes magical energy to use the abilities of legendary swords, so some may be beyond Shirou's ability to use them. (Copying equipment from another player requires their OOC consent. All significant weapons/equipment are listed on this page and updated as needed)
- UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS - Shirou owes a lot of his success at Tracing to 'Unlimited Blade Works.' That being a Reality Marble… Reality Marbles are a type of magic that re-aligns reality and the laws of physics to fit a magus' worldview and imagination. Unlimited Blade Works happens to contain all of the necessary resources to produce items from Earth. Normally this world is trapped within Shirou's mind and soul, but with a lengthy chant and a huge cost of magical energy, Unlimited Blade Works can extend to encompass a large chunk of the surroundings. It consumes the local area in an expansive field of scorched and barren ground covered in infinite swords as far as the eye can see. Within Unlimited Blade Works Shirou has control of all these swords, this is often used to animate the hundreds of weapons to attack foes. He organizes dozens of legendary weapons simultaneously for his strategies this way. The downside is that bringing on this temporary reality causes a swift retaliation from true reality as it attempts to collapse the Reality Marble. Thus, Unlimited Blade Works is only sustainable for several minutes. In addition, the cost to use it is so heavy that Shirou is left completely drained after the fact. This could change later on, when certain conditions are met, however. (AURA FLARE: 33->34)
Trace Item List
Note - This is a list and description of all items of note that Shirou has traced before and after unification. As more important items are aquired into his blue prints they will be updated onto this list.
- EXCALIBUR - The ultimate weapon of fantasy forged by the planet from humanity's collective dreams of glory, Excalibur is the blade to end all blades and also called The Sword of Promised Victory. Shirou's copy of the unmatched legendary weapon ranks A+ among Noble Phantasms. Unlike the original, while its holy edge does not dull, it will eventually break. Its main ability converts Shirou's mana into divine light to enhance his strikes. When its powers are fully unleashed by calling out its name, Excalibur can launch a titanic wave of holy light so immense that it's known for carving through armies, obliterating fortresses, and vaporizing everything else caught in its wake. However Excalibur is rarely used due to the large amount of mana it would require from Shirou. He is also incapable of using it to Saber's level.
- AVALON - Excalibur's true strength comes not from the blade, but from its scabbard, ranked EX among Noble Phantasms. Avalon's holder enjoys immortality and speedy regeneration and can fend off and reflect even the fiercest energy attacks. Activating it by name dissolves the scabbard into energy particles that immerse the owner in a 'mobile utopia' which safeguards from any and all harm, even metaphysical— at least, originally. Its defensive powers lessened post-Unification, but harming Shirou's still no easy feat with Avalon activated. (Codewise, activating Avalon is represented by completely halting any enemy's missed attack, shifting to fully defense-oriented stats, or with consent armor-shift to AID 5 and epic defense buff himself and shift back using his turn. Foes may epic on said turn without asking.) It is due to the fact that the sheath was stored within Shirou's body that he has an intimate understanding and flawless memory of it. Thus Avalon is the only item he can forge a perfect copy of.
- CALIBURN - Saber's sword from the stone. The original of this sword is only a step below the original of Excalibur. However, since Shirou's copies are another step down, that leaves his copy of Caliburn at an A rating. This sword is basically like a weaker version of Excalibur.
- KANSHOU AND BAKUYA - Twin swords created by the future Shirou, Archer. Shirou's copies rank at a D-. With these yinyang designed swords equipped, one gains improved magical and physical resistance. These swords are claimed to return back to their own no matter how they are lost as well.
- CALADBLOG II - This is a Noble Phantasm that was used by Gilgamesh. Shirou eventually Traced and improved upon it. The original was the demonic sword possessed by the hero of Ireland, Fergus mac Roich. The improved copy is used as a Broken Phantasm, which Shirou shoots as an explosive arrow rather than using as a sword. Upon being fired, Shirou's copy ranks as a B.
- THE COW KING's COW BELL - The original of this weapon can output sound waves powerful enough to cause disruptions in the Earth on an epic scale. However, very few can wield the cow bell as well as the king, and like all other weapons Shirou traces, it's a step below the original. As such, using this weapon, Shirou can call forth strong attacks that shatters the ground on an area basis.
- JEWELED SWORD OF ZELRETCH - An artifact created by Zelretch. The original of this sword, although its size is far closer to a knife or dagger than a sword, was actually hand-made by Rin herself following the plans of the original. When activated, the jeweled center of the blade uses extremely powerful Kaleidoscope magic to pull mana from other dimensions and planes and store it inside the weapon for the wielder's use, providing a supply of mana that is in theory infinite. Although it can be unleashed as a blast not unlike Saber's Excalibur, the mana can also serve almost any other purpose (making spellcasting a breeze) and can even be transfered into someone else, giving a temporary boost in power.
- RULE BREAKER - This is a tracing of the dagger that had belonged to Caster. However, Shirou only actualy traced it after being given a copy of it by Emiya. It is an iridescent and jagged dagger without any special offensive abilities. It does, however, possess the ability of dispelling any sorcery that's been cast on a pierced target. The knife reduces enchantments, sorcerous contracts, and spiritual bodies to their component materials. Rule Breaker is ineffective against other Noble Phantasms and Shirou's tracing is reduced to a D ranking.
- RHO AIAS - The rank of this support type tracing is unknown. It is originally an extremely powerful spiritual aegis. It is a defensive Noble Phantasm that had been a huge, bronze shield coated with seven layers of tanned ox hide. What it became as a Noble Phantasm is the materialization of seven energy constructs that appear like the petals of a flower. Each petal emulates the protective strength of a fortress. It is most known for having great, unsurpassed resistance against spears. It used to be the property of Telamonian Ajax, a hero from the Iliad that matched Hector of Troy in battle.
- UNKNOWN KNIFE - A knife given no name that was used by Gilgamesh. Its rank is unknown. The original had a strong ice enchantment on it that allowed its user to do things like cause literally freezing gusts of wind with a slash through the air.
- Gae Bolg - This trace ranks at a B ranking and is an anti-fort weapon. Cu Chulainn's legendary spear was used as Lancer's noble phantasm. And it stabbed Shirou in the heart on two separate occasions. The cursed spear is sharply tipped, but would more oft' be used for it's mythical abilities. There are two notable attacks the Gae Bolg can perform with enough mana. 1) By invoking the name of the spear, the weapon responds by releasing mana. If the hit is successful, the pierce of the tip of the spear, most usually into the heart of the opponent is felt before Lancer initiates his strike. When the strike comes, the weapon will go for the heart, even if it has to change its form to do so. However, due to multi-versal balancing and the fact Shirou's weapons are a step down in quality, the traced Gae Bolg is not so likely to hit the mark as the original, leaving it to strike else where or fail to leave the damage it really should. 2) Shirou can use reinforcemtn to leap high into the air above his opponent. Mana is charged through the spear and it's hurled downward, in this state it can break through as much as buildings as it hones in on its target's position. The impact that results is enormous, like a comet left crater. The curse upon Gae Bolg is ineffective in the case of Shirou's trace.
- Verwickelnetze Kette - Originally a kusarigama (chain + sickle) gifted to Krezentia by Field Marshal Alice Maestra for her efforts during the betrayal of Victor Von Doom. The Verwickelnetze Kette, literally Entangling Chain, has the unique property to adjust its chain's length as the user desires and automatically try to wrap around its victims when swung, making it very accurate even if its user is not skilled with such a weapon. Finely crafted and enchanted, it is hard to break even by Elite standards. Of course Shirou's version is easier to break.
- Nine Lives Blade Works - Originally the swords of Hercules in the berserker form that Shirou'd seen him in. This ability is an absolute last resort, more so than unlimited blade works is treated as one. This ability requires so much mana that it's rather dangerous for Shirou to use /without/ other traces considered. With these giant axe swords, Shirou is capable of slashing the enemy 9 times in one attack. This can only be considerable as an epic…most likey a dramatic epic at that.
After the fire, Shirou became hollowed out, so to speak. Seeing all those people dieing, and almost dieing himself, broke him in a sense. He cares very little for himself, to the point that some people seem to think he really dislikes himself. When he saw the relieved face of Kiritsugu, he thought the man seemed so happy, so unlike Shirou was at the time. Having lost everything and looking up to Kiritsugu, Shirou thought that he'd want to be a superhero, because that's how he saw Kiritsugu.
Shirou became more set on superheroing after Kiritsugu's death, as Kiritsugu had passed on his own dream of being a superhero to Shirou with his dieing words. Shirou's proven quite stubborn in the times before and since, having managed to talk Kiritsugu into teaching him magic after two years of being denied. Shirou's not faltered in his beliefs and never seems to regret the path he's taken. No matter how often people lecture him or belittle him about how he needs to stop thinking so much of others or how he needs to put more value on himself, he still stubbornly holds to his ways.
Shirou, surprisingly enough, is a touch sexist (but in a sort of chivalric sense). He's very protective of women and has strong belief that they shouldn't be involved in battles. He eventually grew past this in some cases (in the case of Saber most especially), but still feels uncomfortable and sometimes even angry about women being subjected to violence. As such, sometimes to silly degrees, Shirou may run to a woman's rescue. It's hardly noticeable, however, as Shirou cares so much about people, even strangers, that he'll rush to nearly anyone's rescue. Things like seeing people generally being unfairly treated irritates Shirou as well. Due to all this, he's far more sympathetic to enemies than he should be at times. It is because of those attributes that he's become an ally of the union. While he isn't fond of fighting, he'd rather try to protect people than do nothing.
Finally, Shirou has a sort of unlucky penchant for being, as Tohsaka and even himself would refer to him, an idiot. He makes lots of mistakes. In the end his general good luck usually turns these mistakes into good things, or simply keeps him from suffering fatality from his mistakes. This also tends to be how Tohsaka and others see his strongly selfless ways. Shirou is careless enough about his own well being that he'll keep fighting even when his body is so badly wounded most people would be in too much fear or pain to continue. It's even so bad that he tends to shrug off worry about serious non-fatal injuries. In example, he'd rather let Saber rest than alert her to the fact he's in horrible pain or unusually numbed over half of his body after she'd just told him to wake her if he has any difficulties. In another example of Shirou's extreme disregard for his own well being, after waking up from being healed of a stab wound to the heart, rather than panicking about the fact he'd woken up in a pool of his own blood, Shirou forced himself to his feet and bothered to put energy into cleaning the blood instead of leaving it for someone else. Shirou also, on the far less serious degree of his selflessness, constantly does chores for other people with nothing in return, even if the person's been rather nasty to him.
The beginning of Shirou's life was completely mundane and normal. However, when he was seven years old, a horrible fire happened due to the events of the fourth Holy Grail War. The section of the city he'd lived in had been completely destroyed and everyone but himself died. The fire was bad enough the children outside of that part of the city had even lost parents and gotten injured. As a result of this fire Shirou broke or died in a sense.
Having come face to face with death and loss and accepting it at such a young age, Shirou's well being became something Shirou was not so concerned about. After being saved by the magus Kiritsugu, and more so after hearing Kiritsugu's final words, Shirou had put the well being of others above himself. As such, when the 5th Holy Grail War came to pass he involved himself for the sake of keeping another incident like that fire from happening. He'd become a Master, as he had some small amount of magic after Kiritsugu hesitantly taught him. However, the 5th Holy Grail War was a highly difficult struggle because Shirou was a highly inexperienced Magus at the time.
Kiritsugu died five years before the fifth holy grail war. This left Shirou being cared for by his neighbor and English teacher Taiga Fujimaura. She became like his big sister, but between her usual irresponsible, scatterbrained sort of attitude and the fact that Kiritsugu was gone a lot when he was alive, Shirou had become very used to doing things like cleaning and cooking for himself. Also, a year before the fifth Holy Grail War, his friend's sister, Sakura started coming over to his house to help him, due to an injury he'd sustained. It became habit and she simply kept coming.
Durring the Holy Grail War Shirou became close friends with his class mate, Tohsaka Rin. However, he'd also fallen in love with a Servant known as Saber. Servants are very specific spirits, summoned for the Holy Grail Wars by magus known as Masters. Saber, who had been King Authur in life, was summoned as Shirou's Servant by a sort of accident. Kiritsugu had somehow put Saber's sheath, Avalon, into Shirou's body. This caused Saber to appear before him without specific attempts to summon her. Yes, in this case, King Authur was a her. She'd hidden her identity as a woman in her actual life.
When the Holy Grail War ended, Saber and Shirou were victorious. However, Saber was forced to return to her own time and, from what Shirou had thought, finally died for good, no longer to become a servant. In the three years since then Shirou has trained, becoming more and more of a serious warrior. He is slowly becoming more visibly and skillfully like the Archer who'd been Tohsaka's Servant. That Archer was the future version of Shriou himself.
Aliases and Alternate Selves
- Kaleido Garnet - This is just Shirou in a costume. He acts as Kaleido Ruby's male sidekick (Tuxedo Mask type) after she (in MCM) gave him the costume for Christmas in attempt to have him partner with her.
- Archer - Shirou's future self after becoming something called a counter guardian.
- Alternate Fate/Stay Night route and Hollow Ataraxia - Simply other existing canon Shirous and Archers who went through different things and came out differently than Shirou.
- Sajyou Ayaka - In some reality out there everything went exactly the same as it did for the known Shirou….except Saber actually WAS a male as thought and Shirou was a female. Sajyou Ayaka is, thus, Shirou had he been born as a girl.
- Fujimura Taiga - Taiga is the grandaughter of a known Yakuza boss who's been a neighbor of Shirou's for as long as he can remember. Having had a crush on Shirou's adoptive father, Emiya Kiritsugu, Taiga tended to be around and babysit Shirou a lot in his younger days, especially since Kiritsugu was often away, leaving Shirou alone. Even though it's been some years and Shirou certainly no longer needs an eye kept on him, Taiga still drops by the house as often as possible. In these years, Taiga is a school teacher and though she is older than Shirou she's become highly irresponsible. Shirou tends to take care of her instead of the other way around, as she tends to come demanding food. However, despite Taiga's highly self centered, irresponsible, and immature ways, she honestly cares for Shirou's well being. She wants to defend him and will violently reject things that she does not see as being good for Shirou. Though she is not powerful enough to stand up to Servants on equal terms, she's to be feared on the level of non-super natural human beings. Having taken kendo for most her life, she is a powerful fighter, and only lacks being some sort of known champion of kendo due to the fact that she insists on having a little tiger strap on her shinai, which is considered quite rude. …by the way, don't call her tiger.