Full Name: Roy Mustang
Rank: 8 - Brigadier General
Function: The Flame Alchemist
Series: Fullmetal Alchemist - 1
"You can call me Roy Mustang. Or just Lieutenant Colonel. Hell, you can call me the Flame Alchemist. Whatever you do, remember the pain."
Roy Mustang is what many would simply refer to as a 'Dog of the Military', a 'State Alchemist' working for the Nation-State Amestris: Military. Each State Alchemist has a specific form or practice of alchemy that they specialize in, and are then given a title fitting to their position. Utilizing and manipulating fire, Roy Mustang was given the title 'The Flame Alchemist'. With his abilities over fire, Roy is able to match almost any opponent, save for those who can 'douse his flame'. As being part of the military, he has had extensive training and bore witness to numerous acts of aggression, allowing him to develop a keen sense of tactical warfare. While often times he may appear to be a stern and ruthless officer, he is able to make friends easily, especially if they are trustworthy and share his outlooks. After serving many years with the Amestris Military, Roy has left to instead join the ranks of the Union.
Eye Color: Onyx
Height: 173 cm (5'6")
Weight: 145 lbs.
The Art of Flame
Normally an alchemist has some form of speciality, and Roy's is the power to manipulate flames. Roy wears a pair of gloves embroidered with transmutation circles upon the back of his hand, made of a material called 'pyrotex/ignition cloth', which creatures a spark with a simple snap of his fingers. With the aid of the circles he is able to adjust the oxygen densities in the surrounding atmosphere, amplifying the small spark to create and manipulate flames almost anywhere in the area. However, one drawback to this specialization is the fact that it is utterly useless on rainy days.
- Flame Burst - Explanation
- Flame Blast - Explanation
- Flame Barrage - Explanation
- Flame Pillars - Explanation
- Flame Control - Explanation
- Flame Dragon - Explanation
Roy Mustang has a small cabinet under his command, made up of a number of officers. These officers, as well as a number of Amestris enlisted, have developed a fierce loyalty to him. These men and woman offer all the support they can, mainly due to his admirable goals for the future of Amestris. Each member of his personal cabinet has a specific specialization within the military, be it a form of weaponry, reconnaissance, communications, etc. The capabilities of the enlisted range from all functions within the military, ranging from mechanized infantry to special forces and intelligence detachments.
- Riza Hawkeye - Explanation
- Jean Havoc - Explanation
- Heymans Breda - Explanation
- Vato Falman - Explanation
- Kain Fuery - Explanation
- Pyrotex/Ignition Cloth Gloves - While on duty, Roy Mustang can always be seen wearing his signature white gloves. However, unknown to most of the military, save for fellow Alchemists and high ranking officers, these signature white gloves are actually made out of a special material known as Pyrotex cloth. This fabric, also known as Ignition cloth, is synthetically manufactured, from various materials found within Amestris, to create a spark akin to a match when the fabric itself is rubbed together. Using these gloves, Mustang can simply snap his fingers to create a spark. With the Transmutation Circles sitting upon the back of his hands, embedded into the actual fabric of each manufactured Pyrotex cloth glove, Mustang is able to utilize this spark in conjunction with his alchemy and create, as Maes Hughes so well stated, "bombs on command."
- State Alchemist Pocketwatch - Details
- Red Stone - Details
Skills and Abilities
- Alchemy - The process of understanding the structure of a certain matter, followed by decomposition, then reconstruction and manipulation; thus named 'Transmutation'. It is through this basic process that alchemists can utilize their abilities and control to preform the different feats that they have developed. Almost any object can be transmuted, even certain chemicals within the human body, into something of equivalent components. All alchemy requires the use of a transmutation circle to act as a catalyst in alchemic reactions, save for a few special exceptions. Transmutation circles can be drawn, embroidered on an article of clothing, or as a tattoo.
- Flame Alchemy - Normally an alchemist has some form of speciality, and Roy's is the power to manipulate flames. Roy wears a pair of gloves embroidered with transmutation circles upon the back of his hand, made of a material called 'pyrotex/ignition cloth', which creatures a spark with a simple snap of his fingers. With the aid of the circles he is able to adjust the oxygen densities in the surrounding atmosphere, amplifying the small spark to create and manipulate flames almost anywhere in the area. However, one drawback to this specialization is the fact that it is utterly useless on rainy days.
- Military Prowess - While Roy Mustang may be considered a 'State Alchemist', he is also a very talented officer. Having gone through extensive training, Roy is well versed in many forms of tactics, mainly those employed by the military of Amestris. Though these tactics may focus upon offense, he knows when it is best to press forward, and when best to fall back or retreat. However, he is also able to analyze the tactics of his opponents and develop a strategy to counteract, or in the very least match, their own. These skills were further developed and utilized during the campaign in Ishbal.
- Natural Leader - Regardless of what rank Roy may hold, he is fully capable of taking control of any given situation. While this does not mean he may override the orders of his superiors, this does mean he is able to act in their stead to a startling degree. He is like a beacon of experience and hope, often inspiring those who have been under his command before to give the current situation their all, as well as to follow his orders without question, giving complete trust in his abilities to lead. (Consent only)
Note: This section is for information that just doesn't fit anywhere else. You can use it to explain your resources, past occupations, go in a bit more to their personality, what have you. Just stuff that doesn't necessarily need an actual section, but is noteworthy.
- Note1 - Details
- Note2 - Details
Note: This section, as you can see, is for your character's history.