|David Sinclair (Ranklocked: Facheads), A.K.A. Psyber|
|"These things I guard are more precious to me than my own life. I will never let anyone take them away from me."|
Owner of the paranormal investigation firm known as Heaven or Hell, Psyber is a long-time resident of the Multiverse and a long-standing supporter of cohabitation between the normal and paranormal. While once he labeled himself a hunter, these days he prefers the term 'investigator' due to the less violent implications of the word. He can still be blunt and grating, but time and responsibility have tamed down the once-unruly man and caused him to set his business right. He's known to be ferociously protecting of his office employees and his superhuman physiology, when combined with his arsenal of weapons, makes him quite formidable in combat. At the end of the day, though, he'd much rather be relaxing than picking a fight.
- Half-Angel: A son of an angel and a human, Psyber's lineage grants him basic superhuman abilities- strength, speed, agility, and a dramatically increased healing process. He can take a bullet to the forehead without much issue. He is also able to ward locations from evil, and help wayward spirits find peace. Drawbacks may include overinflated ego and insane stunts.
- True Guardian Angel: A classification of angel which has unlocked insurmountable power in service to something they would die to protect. Psyber is among these rare few angels, having realized and unlocked his potential through Heaven or Hell.
- On Raven Wings: An exceptional point of pride and an unusual trait among angels, Psyber bears black wings that can be used in battle. Apart from allowing Psyber to fly with great speed and agility, they constitute a powerful supernatural shield that is nearly impenetrable and can turn back most kinds of attack. Psyber's wings are phasic due to magic, allowing him to manifest them at his discretion- though areas warded against magic use will lock them into whatever state they were in when entered.
- The Eyes: A trait of Psyber's family. He has a knack for spotting supernatural disruptions, auras, and similar things. In the case of a strong supernatural aura, he can track something even if it takes cover behind something unless there is sufficient mystical interference in the locale to also provide "aural" cover. Notable examples include vampires, and celestial or demonic beings. He also possesses a form of simple low-light and long-distance vision.
- Einherjar: A legendary holy sword, which may be summoned to hand in a flash of lightning. The blade is able to ionize the air around it, creating an electrical current that can be directed to fire bolts of electricity that vary in strength from "tazer" to "surface of the sun". While holding the weapon, Psyber may charge his body with electricity to give himself greater flexibility in using its powers. Because the sword is constantly discharging electricity, it can be painful or even damaging to hold for someone unprepared to do so- though it has been known to shut itself off to be returned to its wielder, on occasion.
- Paranormal Knowledge: Psyber's career choice, and his life's work. He has accumulated a great deal of book smarts and practical working knowledge of the paranormal, and even has an impressive library to research the things he doesn't know immediately. If it's paranormal in nature, it's fairly certain that Psyber has an inkling about it to start with, or he can dig up the information with some work. To an extent, this also applies to monsters, with Psyber being able to make educated guesses about weaknesses or abilities after a glance at physiology.
- Magic: Using a large diamond, inscribed with arcane knowledge and empowered by magic, Psyber is able to bypass a personal inability to use a variety of magic and cast offensive magic and holy-based spells.
- Black-Winged Angel: As regal as they look, Psyber's black wings are as much a blessing as a curse. In addition to the fact that they make him an outcast in his own homeland, they can, if out at the wrong time, give people the wrong impression about his entire personage and trigger the wrong reaction in crowds of people.
- Sensitive Eyes: Another downside to one of his abilities. While Psyber's eyes have the ability to see magic auras and the like, it's also an ability he cannot consciously shut off. When in an area that carries a particularly high concentration of magic within the entire zone, that is to say, an area made of magic, or with magic in most facets of it, Psyber must wear glasses or sunglasses, lest he suffer from a severe migraine or temporary blindness.
- Needs Glasses: Due to the nature of his eyes and how he gained the ability to spellcast, Psyber needs glasses when he casts magic so that his own aura doesn't interfere with his ability to see. This is because it's not his own power, but the power of the diamond that he absorbed that is bridging the gap between himself and his mana. The aura of the diamond interferes with his eyesight unless he has a specially-made set of glasses to prevent it from affecting his vision. The glasses are extremely durable, but should they be broken or removed from Psyber's person, his ability to see while he cast spells is extremely dampened. (37 -> 35 if glasses are removed while magic is used. Resorts back to 36 if Magic is not used for two rounds.)
- Pretty Girls: Psyber has a soft spot in his heart for pretty girls. While he will not, by any means, hold back in a fight once one has been deemed a threat, he will quite often give a girl the benefit of the doubt if he just met her and she's pretty. He's just that kind of guy.
- Takes in Strays: Psyber also has a soft spot in his heart for people that are down and out in life and trying to make a way for themselves. Because of this, he frequently opens his office doors to wanderers or housecrashers that stay there infrequently. This includes the homeless members of his office, drifters under his employ and just general friends of his that use his office like a second house. (OOC: Please ask my permission before posing that you're crashing in my office)
- Scar of the World-Slayer: A mark laid on all of those who participated in the Union's campaign to kill the Confederate Emperor, Viridian Sunrise, in the year A.U. 20. Though successful, the campaign resulted in the destruction of his inner universe and the countless beings within it. The mark takes the form of a sun-shaped birthmark on the bodies of each of those who were present that day. Though not necessarily readily visible, it cannot be removed even if the individual should be obliterated and regenerated from component materials. It imposes upon the bearer a complete knowledge of every entity who died in the Union's crusade, from enemy soldiers down to newborn babes. Those who bear this mark will remember them always, from their names, to their faces, to their lives up to their deaths. This does not provide an opportunity to learn the skills of the deceased, though it does give the bearer an insight into the world and universe of Annu.
Weapons, Assets and Known Associates
In addition to his Einherjar, Psyber has several other notable armaments at his disposal that are seen fairly commonly.
Retribution - A Gunblade given to Psyber by one Rylia Wayas, the thing was originally dubbed 'Saint Snapdragon', but the name was soon tossed to the side in lieu of a more badass name. This Gunblade, in addition to being a powerful weapon, is the bane of coffee tables and Suigintou.
Blessed Weaponry - All weapons used by Psyber carry some sort of blessing. Whether they fire blessed ammunition or are just blessed themselves, they are all given this modification so that they can fight the paranormal more effectively.
Heaven Or Hell - The Heaven or Hell is Psyber's privately owned business and his team within the Union. Heaven or Hell is a loose-knit group of Elites that specialize in the hunting and extermination of paranormal phenomenon and monsters. While not run as militaristically as most other groups, all the members remain highly qualified in their area of expertise. Members of Heaven or Hell are diversely skilled in urban warfare situations, and feel quite at home fighting in the streets and rural areas alike. Fighters of several specialties can be found in the group from Close Combat to Heavy Arms fighters.
Cars - Psyber's side hobby is the purchase and modification of vehicles. If you ever see the half-angel driving, watch out. His driving is as dangerous and unconventional as the vehicle he is currently in the drivers seat of. Nearly any vehicle Psyber shows up to combat with will be heavily modified for combat situations. Psyber's driving skills themselves largely resemble stunt driving from movies combined with street racing.
Kyton- Kyton is a chain devil that usually takes the form of a girl in her late teens. Her Chain Hell, over which she rules with an iron fist, is currently bound and tied to Psyber's closet, thus forcing a rather friction-filled partnership between the demoness and demon hunter. While the demon will not openly admit it, she harbors some protective feelings towards Psyber. Likes: Strangling Puppies, Drinking Metal Polish Dislikes: Holiness, Being Shot at by Psyber, Trash through her portal
Heinkel-Wolfe - A werewolf under the employ of Iscariot that Psyber employs for the occasional off-mission under his command, Heinkel is arguably one of the rougher people Psyber knows. Crude, blunt, and with a thick German accent, she also shares a unique bond with him in that he respects her as a fellow hunter of the paranormal. Oh, and they totally get drunk together. Likes: Booze, Hunting, Smoking Dislikes: Alucard, Girly things, not-drinking
Neru Akita - Neru Akita is a struggling artist Vocaloid that Psyber took into his office to protect her from Black*Gold Saw, a demonic woman that was apparently stalking her. She picked up a job as his secretary in exchange for a safe place to stay while she launches her career. Likes: Fans, Olives on Her Pizza, CD Releases Dislikes: Pickup Lines, Stalker Demons, Miku