Full Name: Himei Shoutan
Rank: Senior Ally (Rank 5 Equivalent)
Function: Magical Girl
Series: Sailor Nothing-1
"I want to live!"
Profile: Shoutan Himei is basically just a normal High School girl. She is also a /former/ Sailor Salvation, who was charged with defeating Yamiko(basically, magically-spawned evil twins of humans) when they appeared. She lost her job, but not her powers, due to a loss of control during a battle. Sailors in Himei's universe usually work alone, and it's an extremely high-stress job where she sees a lot of unsavory things. This has lead her to hate doing the task, but she still feels compelled to fight, because she just doesn't want to see people hurt. She's a very mopey, quiet, withdrawn girl, but she has a basically good heart. With her title stripped, her Sailor identity changed as well. Since she felt like it was purposeless, her Sailor identity became 'Sailor Nothing,' but with the defeat of the Dark Queen, she has realized that Hope is far more important than nihilism, and has taken up the mantle of Sailor Hope, struggling to reconcile her desire to bring hope to the Multiverse with her still-present jadedness.
Age: 18(Physically 16, Multiversal Aging in effect)
Weight: 112 lbs
Eyes: Dark Brown
- Scars and Markings - Himei has several distinctive marks. Her body and legs and arms all sport numerous minor scars from long ago fights, but the most prominent ones are the two thin lines just above her collarbones, the result of a near lethal attack. She also has the Command Seals of a Master from the Nasuverse on her right hand, consisting of an image of three knives, and the Darkness Rune bonded to her left hand. The Scar of the World-Slayer(below) makes itself a home on her sternum.
- Scar of the World-Slayer - A mark laid on all of those who participated in the Union's campaign to kill the Confederate Emperor, Viridian Sunrise, in the year A.U. 20. Though successful, the campaign resulted in the destruction of his inner universe and the countless beings within it. The mark takes the form of a sun-shaped birthmark on the bodies of each of those who were present that day. Though not necessarily readily visible, it cannot be removed even if the individual should be obliterated and regenerated from component materials. It imposes upon the bearer a complete knowledge of every entity who died in the Union's crusade, from enemy soldiers down to newborn babes. Those who bear this mark will remember them always, from their names, to their faces, to their lives up to their deaths. This does not provide an opportunity to learn the skills of the deceased, though it does give the bearer an insight into the world and universe of Annu.
- Dusty - Dusty is Himei's talking cat and magical talking animal advisor. He is just as jaded and bitter as she is, but is usually more supportive and at least feigns optimism sometimes. He is a coward and pretty useless in a fight, but he has become very good at recognizing patterns and how to approach a problem differently from Himei, who tends to favor 'punch it' as a solution.
- Tamehito - Only present within certain worlds, Tamehito is a Great Grey Shrike bird, and is the representation of Himei's soul. Called a daemon in those worlds, they are normally very private beings that reflect the user's inner self. Himei's inner self is apparently very heroic and loud, and somewhat abusive to Himei. Since Himei became Sailor Hope this abuse has dropped off markedly.
- X-12 Taser Shotgun - An extended range taser weapon good up to 20-30 meters, after minor enhancements. Himei prefers not to kill, so she uses this when she needs to take down something at a distance.
- Phalanx Pistol - When things get serious, Himei uses this Mass Effect weapon. With a six-shot thermal clip, the Phalanx is one of the most powerful pistols available in its world.
- Breastplate - A gift from the Unicorn Paladin Amalthea, this form-fitting magical armor fits neatly under her Sailor uniform to give her a little extra protection where she had none before.
- Cutlass - Sometimes Himei's fists aren't the best weapon, so she's picked up a melee weapon in the meantime. The cutlass suit her fighting style best.
- Katana - A Christmas gift, Himei has yet to really learn how to use it compared to the Cutlass, but it is more traditional for her ethnicity. She's working on learning how to use it.
- Memory - Another Christmas gift, this is a sword made by Lloyd Irving, which channels Himei's powers.
- Nissan 2010 GT-R - A gift from Psyber, this is a fairly normal GT-R. A little awkward because Himei's home world is in the early 00's, so the model is several years ahead of its time.
Skills and Abilities
- Street Fighting - Years of fighting superhuman opponents with just her wits has given Himei reflexes and skills of a trained fighter. Self-taught, her style is brutal, efficient, and altogether without mercy in how it appears. She does tend to use it whenever possible, since it's still considerably less lethal than alternatives. The years of experience have also made her tougher and faster than most girls her age.
- Swordsmanship - Her skill doesn't nearly approach her skill in unarmed, but Himei has had some extensive 'on the job' training and can use a blade adequately.
- Firearms - Again, more on the job training than shooting at the range, but when using a gun she can usually hit her target if it isn't too far away. A marksman or soldier has considerably better aim, but she gets by.
- Leadership - With how many times she's been forced to be the voice of reason or shoved into the leading role, Himei has reluctantly picked up a decent understanding of how to be a leader. This includes tactics, supply lines, maneuvers, and even morale and psychological warfare.
- Sailor Hope - Himei has retained her magical powers even after the defeat of the Dark Queen, but once again her powers have changed. She can transform into a silver-themed magical girl by the name of Sailor Hope, with light-based powers fueled by the power of hope and forgiveness. These abilities can usually only affect supernatural evil, though the magic that powers them can be used to fuel other magics like those below.
- Cruxis Crystal - A mystical device given to her by Lloyd Irving, the Cruxis Crystal gives Himei a limited repertoire of magical attacks, usually light-based, and also allows her to grow wings of magic that give her flight.
- Darkness Rune - A rune from the Suikoden world, the Darkness Rune harnesses the power of night and death to perform lethal magical attacks. Himei dislikes killing, but uses this when against a powerful foe that will probably not die from it.
- Master of Assassin Servant - Through a complex series of events, Himei has ended up bonded to a Servant of the Grail War, making her a Master. She has ended up with the Assassin class, a well-known class that everyone knows the capabilities of. Himei's Servant, however, is different from the usual Assassins. Instead of the Old Man of the Mountain, Himei ended up with Jack the Ripper, who follows her and obeys her loyally. Himei has been trying to redeem the former serial killer, but it is a long road.
- Komachi Aki - Himei's oldest friend and from the same world, Aki is also a Sailor now. Himei is not sure what to think, for she treasures Aki's friendship and fears for her life, especially with her inexperience. Himei is also becoming aware that Aki may have feelings for her that could become awkward.
- Homura Akemi - Probably Himei's closest Multiversal friend, Homura's long and wearying experience allows Himei to relate to her, and the two have a similar jaded and pragmatic view of life. Himei admires Homura and feels she can understand her better than most.
- Psyber - Present at Himei's Unification, Psyber is one of her closer friends in the Multiverse. They have an odd relationship, entirely platonic but Himei, at least, trusts him implicitly.
- Subaru - As one of the first people Himei met here, Himei is grateful to Subaru and respects her a great deal, though she does not speak to her often.
- Ellestaria - Ellestaria taught Himei a great deal about power and how to use it, and as Himei worked with the Atlantean more, she realized that the aloof exterior sheltered a hurt, lonely girl with a good heart. Ever since, she has helped Ellestaria in whatever way she could, and trusted the woman's judgement even when it seemed suspect to others.
- Jack - As Himei was nearly killed by a version of Jack the Ripper once, her initial relationship with the new one was a bit rocky to say the least. Jack's fawning trust and, more importantly, the fact that her perceptiveness and protectiveness toward Himei saved her life more than once, has won her over. Himei now thinks of Jack like her wayward child, to be guided and taught.
- Kimiko Shinobu - Kimiko is very distant at times, but has saved Himei's life more than once. Himei feels endebted to her, and also admires her somewhat. At the same time, she fears that the self-sacrificing Puella Magi will go too far one day.
- Kaminagi Setsuko - Respect and curiosity, Himei feels that she should learn more about the demigoddess soon, as she can sense a protective loneliness of some sort about her.
- Kiyoko Saito - Inexperienced and all too innocent, Himei often finds herself facepalming at Kiyoko's antics. Over time, this has grown to grudging affection and respect for her nontraditional yet (usually) effective methods.
- Staren - Kid has a good heart and is pretty sharp, to boot. Just really needs to not be so argumentive.
- Emerald Blade - Frightening, powerful, and ruthless in her own way, Himei nonetheless has a certain understanding for Emerald Blade, as she can see that the woman does not do evil for evil's sake. She regrets having to fight her.
- Mir - Himei knows just enough about Mir to know that she was hurt badly in the past, and has reacted by lashing out at humanity. She pities Mir, but knows that Mir is out of her league to deal with.
- Sakura Haruno - Initially Himei didn't know Sakura at all, but in time she grew to see that Sakura was a troubled young woman who nonetheless goes out of her way to help others, yet knows when to use force when necessary. She values Sakura's friendship, though oddly they rarely talk about it. It is something of a silent understanding.
- Elliana Fairchild - In her head she understands why Elliana did what she did, but the betrayal still angers and hurts her. Most of all, it is anger that Elliana didn't trust her and her friends. She no longer desires vengeance above all else, but she will seek out Elliana if given the chance, just to set the record straight.
- Lloyd Irving - Initially Himei felt respect and amusement for Lloyd, but during the Suicide Mission the two became quite a bit closer. She now has conflicting feelings, given Lloyd's apparent interest in her, but her own lingering crush on her high school crush. For now, she is considering him a close friend, but not ruling out something more some day.
Pre-Unification - Himei's career as Sailor Salvation started at age 11, when she accepted the offer of Magnificent Kamen. What followed was a soul-sapping, horrible life where she was little more than a punching bag to the horrors of the Yamiko, dark clones of everyday people… some of whom were her friends. While she could often destroy them with her powers, it also often came at the cost of injury, or seeing the utterly horrifying things that the dark side of humanity could do. Eventually she was so listless and jaded that she was fired from the role… but her powers could not be revoked, only channeled into a different form. She became Sailor Nothing, avatar of apathy and despair, but she continued to fight as it was all she had.
Unification - Shortly after becoming Sailor Nothing, Unification occurred. Himei fought with Psyber and Mobile Section Six, encountered incredible beings, and even met a young magical girl by the name of Nanoha, along with her foe(who became a friend) Fate. She remained at low activity, however, mostly policing her own world until…
The Mitakihara Affair - When Homura Akemi and Madoka Kaname's world Unified, Himei was there to check it out… and encountered a world where being a Magical Girl was possibly even worse than in her own. What's more, something seemed to be resetting time periodically, forcing her and others to watch the same girls die for nothing, repeatedly. Though it hurt her she persevered, and was eventually witness to - and part of - the creation of a new Hope for that universe, and an alteration of the rules that made the world a little better. Seeing this gave her some hope that her own situation could be bettered.
Senior Ally - During the course of the year-long Mitakihara Affair, Himei began participating in more Union actions, including target battles and the attempted capture of the Three Tailed Beast. She also encountered her 'replacement' in her own world, Kiyoko Saito, and took her in as an apprentice, as well as ended up bonded with Jack the Ripper's spirit. All of this earned her several promotions into the Senior Ally track, and very soon she often found herself in charge. A very uncomfortable feeling.
The Yamiko Crisis - Eventually, shortly before the end of the Mitakihara Affair, the Yamiko of Himei's world learned of the Multiverse. Replacing Kiyoko with an evil version, the Yamiko Kiyoko demonstrated the hidden cunning of the original and made several Yamiko in the Union, always careful to cover her tracks. It took months to hunt down every Yamiko, but this tightened Himei's resolve to find a permanent solution to her world's problem.
Suicide Mission - Right before a solution could be found to the Yamiko issue once and for all, the crisis of Viridian Sunrise reaching some sort of apotheosis occurred. A rapid response was needed, and a desperate gamble to dive into Viridian's soul was devised. This would likely result in no survivors. It was a difficult choice, but Himei resolved that her own problems would never be solved if she let this one go, so she volunteered along with over two dozen others. Once inside, however, they found an entire universe of people, many of whom were friendly and innocent. Without a way back, and with the universe inside now aware of their purpose, the strike force was forced to battle through the soul universe and destroy its foundation, leaving Himei responsible for the deaths of uncounted innocents. This is exactly the opposite of what she signed up for, and though she knows she had little choice in the matter, it has weighed her heart massively.
The Dark Queen Falls - Despite the despair she was feeling, Himei soon resumed her campaign against the Yamiko. Using information gathered during the Yamiko Crisis, she lead a team into the Yamiko's world to kill the Dark Generals and confront the Dark Queen herself, who was finally defeated. This eliminated Yamiko from the world and lead to Himei's transformation into Sailor Hope.
Sailor Hope - Since becoming Sailor Hope, Himei has mostly concentrated on a leadership role, though she has participated in some action. Most notably, she participated in the recovery of General Irving's powers and the defeat of his old foe, Mithos.
Eater-of-Souls - When the Wyrm aspect known as Eater-of-Souls appeared in Laine's world, Himei was one of those who responded to the call. Laine knew of a ritual to put it to sleep, but it required a sacrifice. Himei gave herself to the Eater-of-Souls, whereupon she vanished from all contact and was presumed dead.
Malfeas - Instead of being killed, Himei was shunted into Malfeas, the lair of the Wyrm and a pit of corruption and entropy. She survived alone there for two months, roughly, before being rescued. It is an experience that was very hard on her, both mentally and physically, but she is heartened by the phenomenal effort taken to retrieve her.